Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 15 October 2013

DAY 9, BALYKCHYI – KOCHKOR – NARYN – TASH RABAT (320KM)

30th May 2013:
After checking out, I made my way south via route A365. I passed beautiful blue Chui River and lots of blue lakes. How I wished if I can stay here forever. The road was good for Kyrgyz standard.


 
Upon arrival in Kochkor, I went to the CBT office to use the internet and asked about the road condition to Tash Rabat. I was informed that the road was bad due to landslide and road construction. From Kochkor, it was a 124kms off road ride for me, all the way until 10kms after Naryn. I passed 2 mountain passes today, off road of course – my first time ever since I started this ride. The passes were Dolon Pass (3035m) and Kyzyl-Bel Pass (2484m). The view along the way was sooooo soooo sooooo beautiful.
Land slide



Dolon Pass




After descending Kyzyl-Bel Pass, the road improved by lots, and it was a smooth easy ride to the junction of Tash Rabat. Then, there was another 15kms dirt road going to the jailoos (mountain and valleys) of Tash Rabat. This place boasted of its greens and famous caravansary (guest house for the Silk Road traders) which once hosted Marco Polo. I visited the caravansary and stay the night at one of the few yurt stays, offered at this place.
 




 
p/s: A more detailed story about my journey will be told in my upcoming book. More beautiful pics of course. STAY TUNED.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF