Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 16 October 2013

DAY 11, KARA BJURNGON – KAZARMAN (141KM)


1st June 2013

After saying good bye and giving some money to the kind family, I started my ride heading to Kazarman. It was gravels all the way and I have to ride carefully. There were times when I reached a junction, I was confused on which way must I take as there was no sign board at all. I experienced one bike drop due to mishandling of the bike when riding on the thick piling gravels.
The guy on the left was sooo fascinated with my bike....LOL...


Kyrgyzstan is not only a mountainous country, but with lots of gorges
My fuel was getting low and I couldn’t find any petrol station at all. I saw a man fixing a broken water pipe and with minimum conversation, I asked him if he knew where I can find a petrol station. He gestured that there was no petrol station until Kazarman, but he went to his lorry which was parked nearby and came back with some fuel. Thank god. I paid him some money for the fuel and said thanks.
 


I rode on, passing a beautiful but scary Ak-Moinak Pass (2932m) with some ice scattered on its peak. The pass was steep and I was struggling to change to the 2nd gear while ascending it. I took some time to view the pass from its peak. The pass was totally dirt and gravels and was very steep with hair pin bends. How am I going to descend this pass? I rode very slowly and carefully, all the time reciting prayers in my heart. I made it safely down, but was too relieved and too nervous to even look back to see the road that I had just successfully descended (without a fall).
 

Ak-Moinak Pass.....totally dirt and gravels.....
I was ascending from down there just now.....
 
It took me 5 hours to reach Kazarman. Even though there was still plenty of time for daylight, I made up my mind to call it a day since I knew that it’s going to be a loooonggg ride to Jalalabad, my next destination.

p/s: A more detailed story about my journey will be told in my upcoming book. More beautiful pics of course. STAY TUNED.....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF