Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 1 February 2013

NORTH THAILAND FLORAL RIDE - DAY 8


15TH DEC 2012: SURAT THANI – DANNOK – IPOH 


I started very early this morning, around 4am as I knew that I hv to ride slowly. Thank god that DREAM managed to hang on and nothing happen all the way to the border. There were not many traffic in the early morning, and I reached the border at 10am. There were lots of Malaysian bike groups entering Thailand this morning. 

Its a MUST to take pic every time I passed this landmark

After entering Malaysia, I gv a call to bro Eid Sidek, asking him to help me sending DREAM to a trusted workshop. He took me to one, and I was told that the chain was hardened and bend at certain parts, and the sprocket was almost out, hence the noise. However, it is still useable as long as I need to make sure its always oily. After some time chatting with bro Eid, I said goodbye and headed to Ipoh. Feeling more confident to ride a lil bit faster now, I managed to reach home after 3 hrs ride from Jitra.

CONCLUSION:
I made a big mistake for not applying the Chinese visa much earlier (before I started the ride). Bcos of this mistake, I couldnt spend much time on the places which I wanted to see. Its just like a ‘touch n go’ ride. I also learnt a new lesson – always make sure that your bike is in a good condition before going on a long ride. 

However, I was fulfilled that somehow, I hv managed to overcome my fear, and I hv proved to myself that I can ride the Thousand Corners and the steep Thailand mountains on my own. My confidence has grown a lot compared to the very first time I ride in Thailand few months back.  Many thanks to Allah for protecting me from danger and from serious trouble, and for giving me such fine weather through out my ride. 

At the end of the ride, I felt relieved, but not very satisfied due to some of the tense moments. Ahhh never mind....North Thailand is not that far....I can always come back some other time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF