Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 10 January 2013

TRANS BORNEO SOLO RIDE - DAY 14

20TH NOV 2012: SIBU – SARIKEI – SARATOK – SRI AMAN – SERIAN – TEBEDU – ENTIKONG (400KM, 7HRS) 

After checking out, I took some time for pics at Sibu’s landmarks and also Sibu Town Square. This square is the largest town square in Malaysia. I parked DREAM and walked to the waterfront (at the end of the square) and saw the confluence of two great rivers, the Rajang and the Igan. 










Then I continued riding south west, bypassing Sarikei and Saratok. The view was nothing special, however after Saratok, the winding and slightly ascending road offered some nice views. 





I sms’d Rahim, my UPSI friend when I was taking a rest somewhere near Saratok. I arrived at the R n R near the intersection to Sri Aman and waited 15mins for him to arrive. Walaweiii....I couldnt recognized him in the beginning. Ten years had passed; his appearance & physical surely had changed a lot!!! We chatted long time stories for about 1:30hrs, and then I hv to say goodbye. It was nice meeting u again, Rahim and thanks for the lunch :) 


About 10 minutes after I left Rahim, the fine weather changed. Black clouds poured merciless heavy rain on me. It happened so suddenly that I was already drenched when I put on my rain coat. I kept riding as it was still a long way to my destination. I was feeling very cold and started to shiver uncontrollably. I had to stop at a petrol station in Serian to change to dry clothes and emptied rain water which enter my boots (through my riding pants). I waited for a while, hoping the rain will lessen a bit. Yes, it did, and I continued my ride to Tebedu, the Sarawak – Kalimantan border. 



The view to the border was nice, but I didnt take many pics as it was still raining. Black pepper trees and hill paddy can be seen by the road side. The road was deserted and I hv to ascend and descend in quite thick fog. There were some check points nearing the border but the military waived me off. It was 5pm when I arrived at the Tebedu – Entikong border. I talked to the Malaysian immigration officer to let me try my luck first at the Indonesian side (if I can take my bike in) before he stamp my passport. He said okey, so I rode to the Indonesian side and was stopped by some officers. They were very friendly and asked me lots of questions. As happened many times during my ride, they admired my courage to ride solo. When I asked them if I can take my bike into their country, they asked me for invitation letter, which I didnt have. According to the rule, only 500 and above cc bikes can enter Indonesia, but after negotiating (sorry, I cant write in detail about the nego process), I succeeded. Without wasting a single moment, I returned to the Malaysian side, hv my passport stamped, then rushed to the Indonesian side for the same procedure, and off I go (with heart beating fast!!!). While riding away from the border as fast as I can, I cant help thinking if the officers changed their mind and send someone after me, asking me to go back. LOL!!! 








As it was getting dark, I searched for a place to stay for the night. I asked a lady for a cheap place and she gv me the direction. The place was quite dingy, but...who cares? I am not going to stay there forever. While having my dinner, I cant help recalling the nice hospitality which I had received from my biker friends in Sabah and Brunei. Ever since I entered Sarawak, and until here in Entikong, Kalimantan, I am all alone. No one waits for me at the town entrance, inter section, or anywhere. Somehow, it felt a bit weird, but its okey. 

I MAY HAVE A BIG GARDEN IN MY HEART :) BUT I AM INDEPENDENT...AND I KNOW THAT I CAN AND WILL SURVIVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF