Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 5 December 2012

TRANS BORNEO SOLO RIDE NOV 2012 - BEFORE THE RIDE


Hv u ever dream of touring a place on a motorbike alone and in the same time doing challenging activities such as mountain climbing and diving? Well, I do, and I realized that dream during my previous Trans Borneo Ride covering the state of Sabah (inclusive Labuan), Brunei, Sarawak, crossing the border to Kalimantan and all the way to Pontianak, and finally finishing in Kuching. How did I do that? Well, here’s my story....


<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]--> <!--[endif]-->

BEFORE THE RIDE
Research on my routes and how to ship my bike had been done few months prior to my journey. I need to plan my journey well as this is my very first time shipping my bike via cargo flight and its going to take 18 days for me to complete my ride. As the saying goes, ‘fail to plan is planning to fail’. I am not going to take that risk since this ride is important to me for my future ride. I hv been searching for infos on the internet, reading other ppl overland blogs, contacting fellow bikers who had ride to Borneo and making lots of calls here and there. Arrangements had been made, and finally, after sending DREAM to the workshop for maintenance, I send him to MasKargo for shipment. It was not easy for a first-timer to do this, as a matter of fact, it was very complicated. To get into the MasKargo Complex itself was a pain in the ass. Lots of procedures to follow, security pass to get, security checks, registrations and bla bla bla. The complex area was very big and you can get lost in finding yr way around, especially at night. When I finally made it to the export office, I hv to recheck all the documents, then go to the customs to pay the tax (the section already closed by that time so I hv to go to the forwarding agent office to sort it out for me and hv to pay extra $$$), then PUSPAKOM checking, again back to the customs to finalize the papers and in the end back to MasKargo export office to settle the payment. Fuuhhh....it took me about 2 and a half hours to settle all the procedures. Seriously, if one is not determine enough to do this, I am very sure that they would have surrendered from the very beginning, or simply get the agent to do it (and pay additional $$$ for it of course). Since I am determined enough, and I know that this is not going to be the first and the last time I’m shipping my bike across the ocean, I am willing to learn and face whatever nick nacks that comes in between.  



DREAM was weigh at 150kgs 
(with the boxes empty)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF